Sunday, October 24, 2010

My First Experience With The Police

Last night, I was at Hawally with my friend in Ibn Khaldoon Street. We were going for a quick stop to buy a flash memory. I parked my car, went to the store and bought my things. As I returned to the car I found out that there's a car parked behind me which blocks my exit and nobody was inside it.
I assumed that the person who parked his car behind me wouldn't take much time so I didn't mind waiting 1 or 2 minutes. My friend and I checked on every near-by store and asked them about the car's owner but without any results. 15 minutes have passed, I kept getting more and more angry by the second.

I decided to call the police hoping that they would do something about it. I explained my issue and gave them my exact location. The woman from the call center told me that they will be there as soon as possible. Later on, I got a home call from the police department asking if my car was still blocked and I told him yes.

After 35 minutes of waiting, the car's owner arrived to his car, started the engine and was about to leave like nothing has happened. I ran towards the car and stopped him. I furiously asked him to stop the engine. After the anger I had to let out on him, he started apologizing stating that he's new here and didn't notice the time. I told him that you aren't going anywhere until the police arrives. I noticed the time and realized that it's been almost 20 minutes since I called the police and they still didn't show up. After struggling with the syrian guy I decided to let him go.
An hour later, I got a call from the police asking whether or not my car is still blocked.

This experience taught me two lessons. Firstly, I shouldn't call the police if my car gets blocked because they wouldn't take it seriously. Secondly, always have a baseball bat placed in your car so that you can have the pleasure to smash the car into little pieces if someone parks behind you.

No comments: